Sunday 9 December 2012

Week Four

Oberg's topic involving TL's and the thought of invisability really hit home to me, so I went to my local TL at my old primary school (and my mothers current work) to have a chat to her and see if she disagreed/agreed with any of my findings after being involved with the forums and readings. 
She told me that in her time as a TL, views upon her job have improved with teachers of my generation being much more understanding and aware of the role in which she has and the impact upon the children. That she is a essential part of literacy development for the children and that if students are struggling, she can be a asset to help them along. It is noted within schools that roles such as the TL or the SLOS (Student Learning Support Officer) can be brushed under the rug and see as not important. I think it would be interesting to see how the school would run without these people, maybe they would get a bit more respect!

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment